Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sweet treats at Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

Last weekend, we went to Greenbelt and Rustan's to celebrate my Jamie Dimon money. When I say celebrate, that of course meant shopping and eating out -- two of our favorite things. We had lunch at Chili's (and was saddened by the fact that they dont serve their tomato basil pasta anymore, sniff sniff) before starting with the first leg of our shopping trip. Well actually, I already started the first leg the day before so let me correct the statement by saying 'we started the second leg of our shoppig trip' by going through the kids' shops at Greenbelt 5.

Dan promised dessert and while I wanted to have donuts and coffee, we stumbled upon a quaint and cute cupcake shop called Vanilla Cupcake Bakery in Glorietta. I've passed this shop before and had mentally promised myself to check it out so i figured , it was the right time to do so.

The interiors of the shop are very cozy and girly with white, sky blue, and baby pink as dominant colors. The furniture are also very dainty and I was pleasantly surprised to see Daphne Osena's chairs as part of the furnish. There weren't a lot of cupcakes to choose from unlike at Sonja's but I immediately chose the ones I liked: banana nutella and banana cream cheese while Dan chose luscious mocha.






The cupcakes were moist and overall, quite good but I preferred the cream cheese over nutella. I still would like to say that Sonja's are still better, although Vanilla Cupcake Bakery is a sure good contender too. What I didn't like about this experience though was that ordering the cupcakes was quite stressful and disorganized. While there were several attendants, I wasnt sure they were deployed into their own responsibilities accordingly. There was no line nor instructions on where to begin forming a line, except for one attendant who simply told me 'dito na lang po' when I asked where to start getting in line. In fact, if I stood by the 'line', it wouldve taken me hours to get my order  since customers who come in would just announce their orders to the attendants not knowing where to start. AND the annoying attendants would entertain just whoever comes their way regardless of who was there first. It was uberly annoying, my husband sensed a tantrum coming and sent me to the table to wait. That was a good catch.

So if asked if I would try this bakeshop again, I possibly would although I probably wouldn't crave it out of the blue. The price range is quite reasonable, my husband paid almost P300 for 3 cupcakes and a cup of brewed coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment