Monday, July 15, 2013

Reasons Why I Love Driving

I've only been a driver for 3 years yet I feel as if I've been such for tens and tens of years. On really bad days, this is my main reason for wanting to resign from the company that I currently work for because I feel lazy driving from Antipolo to The Fort and back daily. However, there are perks that come with driving. Here are some of my reasons:

1. It's obviously a reliable form of transportation
- My close friends used to tell me that I am my own risk in taking the public transportation because I fight with cab drivers, I shout at other passengers, and I shoot dagger looks at passerbys. Obviously, I am still battling with my road temper but I feel safer inside my car especially when it's raining or when the sun is in frying-mode. I want to mention the downsides but that's not what this post is all about.


2. My car doubles as a mobile closet 
- This is one of my favorite reasons for driving. I feel like I have everything I need inside my car. Almost all my shoes are there (hence I need not be scared when I break a shoe heel or if my toes suddenly peep out of my flats), my work documents and office supplies are there, some of my daughter's toys are there. There are even times when my lunch box from 2 days ago is still there. I remember that when I started working for my current company, I was told that there will be a delay in issuing a pedestal for me. I couldnt care less and I was so unaffected unlike my other colleagues because I have a much bigger 'pedestal' anyway. Tee hee!


3. My car is where most of my selfies takes  place




- Most people do it in their bedroom, some in the bathroom. I like to do it inside my car when the traffic is heavy, when I'm waiting for a parking slot at work. 


4. Driving hones my singing prowess

- I don't do karaoke, I don't sing in the shower -- I just think my voice is too hideous to be heard even by myself. BUT, when I drive, my singing voice suddenly becomes more acceptable (to my ears). I think this is finally the key to my success. 










5. Inevitable ME-time
- I don't really have any choice but to have ME-time everyday. I mean, I just can't pick passengers up just because I feel alone and lonely when driving sometimes. On the good side, driving helps me realign my perspectives and just think about things generally. It also helps that I posted a 2x2 photo of Zoe on my dashboard; I've done a lot of consultation with her actually. 



So those are my reasons. Do I feel happy driving home later at 11PM? Not really. 




3 comments:

  1. awts.. That is one of my frustration since College. hahaha.. Driving.. I wish I could learn.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocris - I learned through driving school then through practice lang :) I never expected I would be driving cus I'm so scared of the roads and I'm really magugulatin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 is just like laine-e! I found your blog last month while I was googling for baptismal reception ideas/location near Christ the King. Hehe. I want to learn how to drive too! My husband tried to teach me but we ended up having a shouting match. Haha. Nice blog anyway. :) -armi

    ReplyDelete