Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Makati's coding scheme looms over Bonifacio Global City




Rich get richer: Makati gains while Taguig loses Fort Boni in court decision

My little quiet corporate life has recently been rocked by this (unfortunate) news. While I do not have any jurisdiction nor business claims over BGC, I have been enjoying the area's coding-free life for the past 2 years. Now that the Court of Appeals has recently proclaimed it to be officially part of Makati, my Tuesdays suddenly hangs off the balance. 

Just to give a little background, MMDA implements a daily coding scheme where vehicles are prohibited from 7AM to 7PM depending on the last digit of their plate numbers. However, there is a coding window from 10AM to 3PM (9AM to 4PM in Pasig) where the affected vehicles can roam around the Metro EXCEPT for Makati and Las Pinas. These 2 cities do not observe the coding window hours, hence, if you are banned for the day, then you are banned, no questions asked. This is my main dilemma since Makati is about to impose this law soon over BGC after their claim has been staked in this little city where I currently work.

Why not take a cab on Tuesdays? The answer is simple -- it is very expensive. My daily gas consumption is Php 200 (back and forth Marcos Highway to BGC) but a cab fare will cost me around Php 250 one way which means almost Php 500 back and forth. Absurd. Plus, I think I have mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I am a threat o my own life when I take the public transpo.

Oh well, f*ck Makati. I don't really care who owns BGC. I just hope they re-think the implementation of this law over Global City. We're fine as it is, thank you very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment