Monday, October 21, 2013

Bottle Free After 3 Days

I am happy to report that my little project worked and we are now completely bottle free after 3 days! 

I predicted 3 days of agony for my little girl and I was right. On the 2nd day, she cried a little less than the first day. On the 3rd night, she didn't wake up at night anymore to ask for milk. I'm so proud of my baby girl.

Yes, I would have to admit that this actually made me happy but sad. I felt like crying while I was packing her bottles because it meant that my daughter isn't a baby anymore. I wanted to cry again when my husband told me that we should pack the sterilizer away. Yes, I'm a very emotional mommy. Don't you wish they can be babies forever? 

Of course, there's always a disadvantage to every situation. Now that my daughter doesn't drink milk from a bottle anymore, it proved my long-debated point that she is just a mere comfort nurser. You see, my husband was so against the idea of weaning her off the bottle because he was so worried that our daughter will get hungry. I kept on telling him that Zoe's just a comfort nurser. My problem now is that she rarely drinks milk from a cup. I still want her to drink 2-3 glasses of milk a day to help her bones develop but it seems that this is becoming a challenge for us now. Is yogurt milk an acceptable alternative? She seems to feast on her dutchmill drinks so much as if it's on buffet.

3 comments:

  1. Well,congratulations about that mommy..

    http://jocrisworld.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-nursing-ivy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Van! I think I want to do that with Amber sooner! Update us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, mommy! Can't wait to be one myself. Not sure with the yogurt though. No expert to voice out my opinions. I think lg ha, milk is still healthier.

    ReplyDelete